Putting on fake eyelashes can be time consuming. It is not easy to attach falsies on your lashes. It pays off when you have one because it opens up your eyes. Of course, it adds to your appeal and attractiveness.
Nowadays, an easiest way to enhance your lashes emerges. Here comes the eyelash extension. Going for an eyelash extension makes your lashes lush and fab.
Nonetheless, before you jump in to the newest bandwagon, learn what lash extension has to offer, its pros and cons and why you should have it anyway.
What is lash extension?
This is applied to your natural lashes one at time using specially formulated, semi-permanent glue that will not cause eye irritation or damage the natural lash. By doing this technique, it can bring best results to your lashes.
Lash extension has three types: synthetic, silk and mink. Pick the type of lash extension that will suit your lifestyle, your work and your lashes. If you have chosen which type of lash extension you want for your lashes, the licensed aesthetician will do the process. Lengths of the lashes range from 6mm to 17mm.
Consider the weight of your lash. The lighter the individual lash, the better looking they become. Mink are lighter on the eyes, making your lashes look feathery. The lowdown of this type of lash extension is it is costly.
How long does this process of putting lash extensions occur?
It takes about two hours to apply a full set of lashes. For economical reasons, you can opt for half set of lashes. It offers similar dramatic effect when applied as filler to thicken natural lashes or applied outward from the eye to specialized your look.
Not all have the same number or quality of lashes. Therefore, lash experts will evaluate how long or how thick lashes will be applied on to ensure that your natural lashes will remain healthy. If you are doing it for the first time, start with a half set as it is easier to add than to remove lashes.
Who can wear them?
Women who possess at least three millimetres long lashes can get extensions.
How often should you get your lash extensions touch ups?
Although lash extensions last through a full growth cycle of natural eyelashes, (six to eight weeks) the person’s lash growth varies. Hence, the recommended maintenance should be every three to four weeks to preserve a full look.
Do lash extensions shed over a certain period?
Yes, they do because each lash extension is attached to a single eyelash, they will shed from the lid naturally along with the natural growth cycle of each lash.
What are the do’s and don’ts after getting a lash extension?
• After you had your lash extension, don’t expose yourself from water especially in the first 12 to 24 hours. Water weakens the adhesive and causes lashes to fall off.
• As much as possible avoid applying mascara. If you are planning to put some, just apply it on the tips of the extension. This is enough to give additional pop to your eyes. Mascara clumps up if you go over the glue.
• Do not wear waterproof mascara on the extensions. It is not recommended for any type of glue used. Waterproof mascara may have oil that makes it is hard to remove and may cause lashes to pull off prematurely.
• If you are using glue made for sensitive eyes, do not use oil-based products or makeup removers around the eye area.
• Don’t rub your eyes, this will pull off your natural lashes, too.
• Refrain from using eyelash curler. You do not need to since your lashes are in good condition before application.
• Avoid oil-based shampoo, creams, conditioner and even makeup. The oil found in these products can destroy adhesive bond of the extensions.
• When removing eye makeup, gently wipe them off using oil-free remover. Opt for water or gel based cleansers, and a sponge-tip applicator or lint-free cloth.
• Sleep at your back to prevent lashes from rubbing. Swap your pillowcase to silk because it does not add friction especially on your lashes.